Department: Accounting Office
Reports to: Secretary-General Manager, The York Club
full-time, hands-on position reports to the Secretary-General Manager
of one of Canada’s pre-eminent private clubs and is responsible for the
general management and implementation of the Club’s accounting
A key member of a
small management team, the incumbent reviews, implements and, as
needed, revises financial control procedures and internal control
systems. He/she facilitates and oversees income audit procedures; cash,
inventory and payroll controls; purchasing procedures; A/P; sales
procedures; and A/R, G/L controls. Both self-motivated and as a team
player, the position directly supervises an Accounting Clerk and a
Receiver Storekeeper and liaises with other staff in the smooth running
of an institution focused on service to its members.
Duties and responsibilities
Accountabilities for this job include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Overseeing control systems for purchasing procedures, inventory, insurance coverage, payroll and a Defined Benefit pension plan.
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP and variance analysis.
- Providing month-end closing and balance sheet reconciliations.
all required schedules and documentation for the year-end external
audit and pension audit, and liaising with external auditors, as
- Monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants and internal signing authorities.
- Complying with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Filing pension remittances in compliance with FSCO regulations.
- Assisting in preparing the Club’s annual operating, cash management and CapEx budgets.
- Supervising payroll processing for 60 employees.
- Supervising the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable cycles.
and supporting the work of the Club’s Board of Directors and
specifically, its Audit & Finance Committee, as required.
- Sundry other duties as assigned.
The position will have:
- Five years accounting experience in, ideally, a private club, the food and beverage sector or the hotel industry.
- Certified Professional Accountant designation (preferred).
technical/computer skills: operational familiarity with point of sale
systems including Jonas and Northstar as well as WORD and EXCEL.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to tight time lines.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Strong customer service ethos.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence by May 26, 2017 to:
We wish to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is a private members' club in the heart of
Rosedale, Toronto, and is conveniently located on the Yonge Street
subway line. The Club has a long history, since 1876, of providing
excellent tennis courts, coaching and programming for players of all
In addition to 18 tennis
courts (four indoors) the Club has four squash courts, a Fitness Centre,
a seasonal pool, a Wellness Centre, and food and beverage outlets. The
Club has 2900 members, including family members of all ages.
are recruiting an experienced full time Financial Controller to take
charge of the Club's accounting and finance functions. Reporting to the
General Manager and COO, the Financial Controller will lead an
accounting team of three people, and will be responsible for
receivables, payables, payroll, purchasing, fixed asset accounting,
monthly financial statements and related analysis and reporting,
managing cash flow and banking arrangements, the Club's insurance
program, the year-end audit, annual operating and capital budgets,
financial forecasts, oversight of IT, and liaising with the Finance
Committee. The Financial Controller is a member of the Senior Management
Team. Annual revenues are $ 10 million.
- Accounting designation
- 10 years of related experience
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience with Not For Profit Organizations, and working with volunteer committees
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- ability to manage multiple priorities
- appreciation and understanding of the hospitality business
- analytical and presentation skills
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations, no later than May 15, 2017 to:
Toronto Lawn Tennis Club, Human Resources
416-922-1105, ext 229
Please let us know if you require any accommodations to be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Food & Beverage Manager
Royal Colwood Golf Club was established in 1913, and granted Royal status in 1931 from King George V. This all-year round 18 hole premier private club, located in Victoria BC, is currently searching for a Food and Beverage Manager.
The Food and Beverage Manager (working directly with the Executive Chef) creates and maintains all food and beverage offerings. Knowledge of Food & Beverage practices, including managing food costs, budgets, menus implementation, member event coordination, health & safety standards, staff training/scheduling and computer skills are all requirements of the successful candidate.
This unique opportunity caters to all aspects of life at a private golf facility and this individual must excel at customer service and be able lead by example at all times.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is April 30th, 2017
- Constantly seeks out ways to enhance service, increase volume and profit through effective, innovative implementation of the F&B strategy plan
- Manages all day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Creates and develops the annual operating budget and all capital departmental requests
- Manages all departmental inventories
- Identifies customers’ needs and responds proactively to all of their concerns
- Recruits, interviews and hires staff associated with the department
- Ensures all Club polices are adhered too.
- Performance management; monitors staff performance and provides feedback
- Ensures practice of health and safety regulations
- Negotiates supplier arrangements for food and beverage products and ensures key relationships are maintained.
- Has refined skills in public relations
- Continues to enhance our service offerings for this year-round facility.
- Creates and organizes all Members Events
General Manager / COO
Peterborough Golf and Country Club was established in 1897 and is located along the Trent Canal in the heart of Kawartha Region. In the late 1920’s renowned course architect, Stanley Thompson was engaged to design this 6,300 yard 18-hole Championship layout. The club is proud of its rich tradition and history while providing members an exceptional year round experience offering golf, curling and wonderful dining facilities.
The General Manager/COO is the most senior member of the Club’s management team reporting to the Board of Directors through the Club President. The GM/COO is responsible for delivering on the golf experience and the
strategic and operational management of the club.
The successful candidate’s key responsibilities are the following:
- The GM/COO manages all aspects of club operations and the relationships between the club and its Board of Directors, members and guests.
- An active participant in the development, implementation and execution of club policies as established by the Board of Directors.
- Develops an annual operation budget and long range capital plan ensuring long term financial stability
- Leads, motivates and engages the management team in the delivery of programs and services which meet and exceed the expectations of our members and guests.
- Represents the club within the community and maintains membership with relevant professional associations while pursuing continued education and professional development opportunities.
- Serves as an ex-officio member on all Club Committees.
- Create an environment where all interactions with members and guests are conducted in a respectful and professional manner.
- Leads an effective communication program with members and guests and regularly solicits feedback on their level of satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience with private club operations
- Degree in Hospitality or Business Management or equivalent work experience
- Member of the Canadian Society of Club Managers, currently working on or have completed the CCM designation
- Demonstrated experience in finance and administration
- Proven marketing capability with a track record of membership growth
Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which address their qualifications and alignment with the prescribed position by April 23, 2017. Information should be submitted to our current General Manager:
c/o Peterborough Golf and Country Club
We thank all interested applicants who have applied for this role as we will only be contacting applicants we are considering for an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Peterborough Golf and Country Club will provide reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please feel free to contact the General Manager.
F&B Assistant Manager
Company: Summit Golf Club
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Founded in 1912, the Summit was created to provide an idyllic setting where our forefathers could celebrate their passion for golf and enjoy the fellowship of the game away from the commotion of a growing Toronto. Designed by Stanley Thompson and recently upgraded under the watchful eye of Doug Carrick, the Summit winds through unspoiled surroundings with spectacular views, natural features and native trees. We have always prided ourselves on being a “golfers golf course” and to this day the course remains a solid test of golf, placing a premium on accuracy and executing every shot.
Our clubhouse was designed in 1930 by Eden Smith, Toronto’s most famous architect at the turn of the 20th century were we offer an unparalleled dining experience for weddings, showers, anniversary parties, birthday dinners and business meetings. The view from our dining room has been described by some as among the most beautiful in the Greater Toronto Area. The park-like setting of our clubhouse is unmatched in the area. We can accommodate from 8 to 150, either in a private meeting room or in our banquet and dining rooms.
Responsible for help to managing all daily Food and Beverage services throughout all dining and kitchen areas, catering, banquets and non-golf related activities of the Summit and assuring that the wants and needs of the club members and guests are consistently exceeded. Help to manage outside catering and club events, including weddings, tournaments, and parties. Provide for a cohesive environment bringing together all divisions of the Summit clubhouse staff and operations. Train, and supervise staff.
- Smart Serve Certification
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Hospitality field, in a supervisory or management position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and prioritization skills to effectively process all paperwork for the food service area
- Proficiency in Jonas Club Management System
- Customer service and detailed oriented
- Collaborative, team player
- Good judgment, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to interact with all levels, both inside and outside the organization
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic demeanour
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to Claudia Rico, at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.